DNA Collection, Storage & Amplification
PRESERVE™ Cards are a treated cotton linter paper sample collection card used to simplify the collection, preservation and storage of biological samples at room temperature. PRESERVE™ Cards are designed to bind DNA even when processed with standard DNA purification protocols so they can be easily punched and used directly in procedures using DNA Amplification. This technology has been shown to be effective in the long-term preservation of blood and buccal cells for applications using DNA Amplification.
- Capture nucleic acid in one easy step
- Instant Lyse of cells
- Ambient Storage - Designed to store and preserve biological samples at ambient temperatures, reducing the need for laboratory freezers
- Easy Processing
- Provides DNA amplification results comparable to the leading sample collection card
- Pathogen killing formulation impregnated into the paper matrix was confirmed to be successful by Kirby Bauer Test
- Captured nucleic acid is ready for downstream applications in minutes
- Suitable for virtually any cell type
- PRESERVE™ Cards can be used with: blood, cultured cells, buccal cells, plasmids, and solid tissues.
- Indicating PRESERVEi™ Cards change color upon sample application to facilitate handling of colorless samples
- Available in a variety of configurations to meet application requirements.
Simply apply your sample to the PRESERVE™ Card. Cell membranes and organelles are lysed and the released nucleic acids are entrapped in the fibers of the matrix. The nucleic acids remain immobilized and are preserved for transport, immediate processing or long-term room temperature storage.
Since captured nucleic acids are preserved, PRESERVE™ Cards facilitate sample collection in remote locations and simplify sample transport. For example, you can collect samples in the field without worrying about immediate refrigeration. Ship your samples back to the laboratory without expensive special handling or dry ice and process at your convenience. Frozen storage is helpful for RNA preservation.
PRESERVE™ Cards contain chemicals that lyse cells, denature proteins and protect nucleic acids from nucleases, oxidative, and UV damage.
PRESERVE™ can be used in a wide range of applications, including: forensics, transgenic identification, transfusion medicine, plasmid screening, food and agriculture testing, drug discovery, genomics, STR analysis, animal identification, whole genome amplification, and molecular biology.
Recomended Purification Reagent: Fitzco® Puri-Lute™ Reagent
PRESERVEi™ Indicating is available in Zone™ Indicating
Fitzco Zone Indicating™ is designed to show a zone where highest concentration of collected cells are most likely located. Unlike other indicating cards, after a clear sample is collected, the Zone Indicating™ stain will clearly define the area containing the highest concentration of cells, known as the Zone™. After a sample has been collected on Preserve™ Cards and then dried, three distinct areas are shown: a dark red border/ring delineating the edge of the sample; a white neutral area; and the pink Zone™ inside the delineation ring, which is the sample rich area. The darker the pink inside the ring the better the sample.
- Zone™ Color Change
- Easy sample identification
(4 Circle) Classic / (2 Circle ) Mini &TWYN™
(1 circle) Micro, Nano™ & Sampact®
Automated Cards sizes for standard Robotics: GeneCard™, AutoGene™ & Xpress™
Coming soon: Plant Classic, Plant Micro, SwabSqueezer™ & DUO™ Card
Email for more information.
Samples available upon request for concordance or full validation.
In North America, Fast Forward Forensics is our exclusive dealer for the PRESERVE™ line of products.
Premier Front End Applications for Bioscience, Forensic and Identification
All Swabs and most collection devices are EtO/EO sterilized, DNA free, tested and certified.
Welcome to our Website.
- Applications for Life Sciences(Bimolecular, Protein, DNA, Clinical, Medical, Diagnostic, etc), Laboratory, Forensic & Crime Scene/Evidence.
- - DNA FITZCO® Cards, MultiBarrier Pouch (1991), The DNA Card (1991), "Classic" Card (1991) FTA®*(1993), DRYPAK®(1994), Omni Swabs**(1995), C.E.P.® Swabs(1995) Sampact®(2003), SpinEze® Pushoff™ Swab(2003), SpinEze® Baskets (2004), FP705 Specimen Paper(2005), Re-introduction of CEP® Swab(2007), Ensemble™, PRO™, PROi™, 705™ & 705i™(2010), Zone™ Indicating Cards, PROPRIME™, PROPRIMEi™, DRI™ Cards, BIO™ DBS/DSS Cards (2011), ECS pH Indicating™, FitzTE™, DIRECT™(2012), DIRECTi, (2013) PRESERVE, PRESERVEi, PuriLute™ Reagent (2015)
- - Developing and supplying specimen collection, transport and storage products, packaging solutions and customized specimen collection
- - Since 1991, Fitzco has developed and manufactured millions of DNA kits and products for use in the data basing, identification, forensic and medical fields.
- - Fitzco is the only Manufacturer of Forensic & DNA Collection kits and products that is ISO 9001:2008 Certified, cGMP Compliant, with a Clean Room of 10,000/100,000. Our quality standards are unparalleled.
- - At Fitzco we take great pride in offering high quality products, competitive prices. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will help you develop a packaging system that is right for you.
Have ideas for a new product? - Contact the Fitzco R&D Team
ISO 9001:2008 Certified............ Clean Room 10,000/100,000 ............ cGMP Facility ............
4300 Shoreline Drive Spring Park Minnesota, USA 55384
Telephone +1.952.224.2700 Toll Free(North America) 800.367.8760 .............Fax+1. 952.224.2717 Fax Toll Free(N.A.) 877.471.1185.....
Class I, II, and III Inspected Facility
* FTA ® is a registered trademark and owned by GEHC. ** Omni Swabs is owned by GEHC.
©2014 Fitzco, Inc. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55384